So often we ask God to do things for us that He has already done. It’s on us to access what God has already provided. Financial provision is all around us and can help fund our purpose. In this episode, I sat down with Acquania Escarne of The Purpose of Money and she broke down how to use life insurance to build wealth in non-traditional ways.
Acquania is a financial coach, hotel owner, podcast host, and independent life insurance producer. In this episode, she broke down:
- The type of policy that allows you to withdraw from it
- How life insurance can be used to build wealth while the policyholder is still alive
- How Acquania used her own life insurance policy to purchase real estate
Acquania Escarne began her career as a Diplomat for the U.S. Department of State in 2008. While serving in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, Acquania realized how many working professionals, including her own colleagues, were not prepared for an emergency or unexpected life event. The devastating 2010 earthquake in Haiti demonstrated that even high-income earners often did not have sufficient life insurance, proper estate planning, or savings.
This experience inspired Acquania to work more closely with professionals, especially people of color, who have the potential to build generational wealth with the right guidance and support.
Today, Acquania is a financial coach, hotel owner, podcast host, and independent life insurance producer. She is committed to helping people find financial freedom and build wealth. Through her finance blog and podcast, The Purpose of Money, she shows women how to invest and save more so they can live a more fulfilling and prosperous life.
Using Life Insurance as a Wealth Strategy
In this episode we covered…
- How Acquania got into insurance
- The different types of life insurance
- How to decide how much life insurance you need
- Terms every life insurance policy should have
- The best time (age) to get life insurance
- What to look for when deciding which insurance company to use for your policies
- The benefits of having a life insurance policy, besides what the beneficiary gets when the policy owner dies
- How can life insurance be used to build wealth
- How Acquania personally used life insurance to build wealth
- Why Acquania believes life insurance is so underutilized in the Black community
- What to look for when deciding who to purchase insurance from
- The Power of Zero, Revised and Updated: How to Get to the 0% Tax Bracket and Transform Your Retirement by David McKnight
Connect with Guest
You can connect with Acquania on her
Rate, Review, and Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love The Purpose Collective podcast.” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. Follow on Apple Podcasts now!
Subscribe on Google Podcasts.
Follow the show on Spotify.
Follow the show on Audible.
Have Amazon Music? Make sure to follow the show over there!
Want to Support the Show?
If you would like to support the show, I discovered a super cool way for you to get in on the action, and that is by “buying me a coffee.” I don’t actually drink coffee, but the idea behind the site is for supporters of Content Creators (that’s you) to be able to help the Creator (that’s me) with expenses required to produce the content they create (that’s the show).
Click the button below to donate.
Connect With Me
If you want to connect with other purpose-driven movers and shakers, then join The Purpose Collective Community on Facebook. It’s exclusive and FREE.
If you have any questions you can always email me at email@example.com or join my Purpose Diary newsletter below and my tips, experiences, and advice about navigating a life of purpose are all yours, every week!
Disclaimer: If you happen to purchase anything I recommend in this or any of my communications, it’s likely I’ll receive some kind of affiliate compensation. Still, I only recommend things that I truly believe in and have personally experienced. If you ever have an issue with anything I recommend, please let me know. My goal is to help you thrive in your purpose. — Pavielle