Infertility and miscarriages are heart shattering experiences that affect many families, yet there aren’t many resources to help navigate it. This experience is even more taboo for Black women. Black women are 4x more likely to need fertility treatment, but white women are 2x more likely to seek fertility treatment.
This episode’s guest, Germany was so insightful and transparent about her own journey with infertility and miscarriages that there was no way I was going to cut the episode short.
In this episode we covered:
- How faith has impacted the way Germany navigated through infertility and subsequently motherhood
- How to support someone who may be experiencing infertility or who has experienced a miscarriage
- Tips for advocating for yourself through the IVF process or with healthcare professionals in general
- And so much more!
Germany Wilkerson is the founder and creator of Joyful Motherhood. Married to Corey Wilkerson for 10 years, she is the mother of two little boys, Caleb and Joshua. Her journey to motherhood was a difficult one having experienced several miscarriages and three IVF cycles. Those experiences ignited a strong drive in her to ensure that other women going through those experiences felt supported, equipped and encouraged. From that she created a line of planners, gifts boxes, journals, courses and coaching programs to give women the tangible and spiritual support that every season of motherhood dictates.
Infertility and Miscarriages
In this episode we covered…
- Germany’s fertility journey
- How faith has impacted the way she navigated through infertility and subsequently motherhood
- How motherhood is viewed as a part of a woman’s identity
- Germany’s advice for anyone who has experienced a miscarriage
- How to show up for friends who have had miscarriages or who may be experiencing infertility
- Tools that help during the IVF process
- The Black maternal health crisis in the U.S.
- Tips for advocating for ourselves during the IVF process
Connect with Guest
You can connect with Germany on her
Rate, Review, and Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love The Purpose Collective podcast.” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. Follow on Apple Podcasts now!
Subscribe on Google Podcasts.
Follow the show on Spotify.
Follow the show on Audible.
Want to Support the Show?
If you would like to support the show, I discovered a super cool way for you to get in on the action, and that is by “buying me a coffee.” I don’t actually drink coffee, but the idea behind the site is for supporters of Content Creators (that’s you) to be able to help the Creator (that’s me) with expenses required to produce the content they create (that’s the show).
Click the button below to donate.
Connect With Me
If you want to connect with other purpose-driven movers and shakers, then join The Purpose Collective Community on Facebook. It’s exclusive and FREE.
If you have any questions you can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or join my Purpose Diary newsletter below and my tips, experiences, and advice about navigating a life of purpose are all yours, every week!
Disclaimer: If you happen to purchase anything I recommend in this or any of my communications, it’s likely I’ll receive some kind of affiliate compensation. Still, I only recommend things that I truly believe in and have personally experienced. If you ever have an issue with anything I recommend, please let me know. My goal is to help you thrive in your purpose. — Pavielle