“Sex. I don’t think we’re talking about it enough.” This is how Mo Isom begins her life-changing book Sex, Jesus, and the Conversations the Church Forgot. This line hooked me, which led me to take this book with me on vacation.
I have never heard sex discussed this way. It opened my eyes to so much about a topic that everyone thinks they know everything about.
I knew I had to have her on the show.
Mo Isom Aiken is a popular blogger, a national speaker, and the New York Times bestselling author of Wreck My Life. A former All-American goalkeeper for the Louisiana State University soccer team, she has been featured in Sports Illustrated and has appeared on ESPN SportsCenter Top-10 Plays, Ellen, ESPN, CBS, The 700 Club, and countless other platforms.
Mo is married to her husband Jeremiah and together they have 4 beautiful children.
In this episode we covered…
- What made Mo write the book Sex, Jesus and The Conversations The Church Forgot
- The purpose of sex
- How the church gets left out of the conversation about sex
- Why God doesn’t solely want just your virginity
- Where Mo recommends we begin the process of healing from unworthiness
- The advice she has for someone who wants to intentionally reframe their view of sex to God’s way
- Encouragement for single men and women who are abstaining from sex until marriage but are finding it hard to find someone willing to wait
- What Mo believes couples should discuss that will help them be prepared for the inevitable sexual temptation that will present itself
- Mo’s experience with sex after marriage and how she and her husband, Jeremiah, navigated through those challenges
- How the church can begin to shift its approach on sex and assume its place at the forefront of the conversation
If you enjoyed this episode, then you may also enjoy the episode of the show about the purpose of marriage or this episode detailing how to show up in any situation as yourself.
- Sex, Jesus, and the Conversations the Church Forgot by
- Wreck My Life: Journeying from Broken to Bold life by
Connect with Guest
You can connect with Mo on her
Instagram: @moisom or @5thwheelmission
Rate, Review, and Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love The Purpose Collective podcast.” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. Follow on Apple Podcasts now!
Subscribe on Google Podcasts.
Follow the show on Spotify.
Follow the show on Audible.
Want to Support the Show?
If you would like to support the show, I discovered a super cool way for you to get in on the action, and that is by “buying me a coffee.” I don’t actually drink coffee, but the idea behind the site is for supporters of Content Creators (that’s you) to be able to help the Creator (that’s me) with expenses required to produce the content they create (that’s the show).
Click the button below to donate.
Connect With Me
Instagram is where I like to hang on social media. You can follow me at @pavielle.esq and you can follow the show over at @thepurposecollectivepodcast.
If you want to connect with other purpose-driven movers and shakers, then join The Purpose Collective Community on Facebook. It’s exclusive and FREE.
If you have any questions you can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or join my Purpose Diary newsletter below and my tips, experiences, and advice about navigating a life of purpose are all yours, every week!
Disclaimer: If you happen to purchase anything I recommend in this or any of my communications, it’s likely I’ll receive some kind of affiliate compensation. Still, I only recommend things that I truly believe in and have personally experienced. If you ever have an issue with anything I recommend, please let me know. My goal is to help you thrive in your purpose. — Pavielle