As you can already tell from the episode description, there’s a bit of drama involved in this episode. Seeing how God told me to do something that I did not initially want to do.
And now you’re probably wondering, how does someone come back from that? Like, girl, how was your faith still intact? And I promise to tell you how everything unfolded.
A couple of months ago I signed up to serve on a committee in a community organization I am a member of.
During one of the meetings we start to discuss our need for a leader. At the mention of us needing a leader, the virtual chat starts to blow up with recommendations. I kid you not, every single recommendation was my name. They all wanted ME to be the Chair of the committee.
- I’m not equipped to lead this team because I don’t know enough about this particular issue. Like, how am I supposed teach almost 400 people in this organization about this subject matter I don’t have any expertise in? Plus, I don’t have the patience to deal with any resistance in this area. My tolerance for it is minimal.
- I don’t have the bandwidth to take this project on. I already have a lot on my plate. I’m a full-time lawyer, I sit on the Board of another organization, I lead an entire team at my church, the list goes.
- I’m not skilled enough to get involved at such a high level.
I prayed about it and read my Bible. This verse popped up: “A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth.”
I remembered that I lowkey prayed for this. I had been praying that God would show me how I can assist with the movement He is doing on this earth against systemic racism and oppression.
Because, it’s clear God is not pleased this. Racism is a spirit. It’s a spirit of division and God ain’t in it. And I wanted to do my part in the resistance.
So, I began praying for God to reveal to me how I can participate in the movement before I ever signed up for that committee.
- Take a few deep breaths and spend some time thinking about why you may be responding the way you are.
- God qualifies who He calls. So that’s why it’s crucial for you to take some time to think about why you may be responding the way are.
- Pray ask God to transform you heart and thoughts and to guide you.
- Trust God and know that He will provide everything you need.
- So, I encourage you to pray and believe that you can handle whatever God has called you to do.
- Pursue it.
- Just go ahead and walk in it lol and here is an example of why. JONAH.
- God told Jonah to go one place and he went in the opposite direction to run away from what God told him to do and what happened? He was thrown off of a ship into the sea and swallowed whole by a giant fish. The interesting thing is, Jonah was never supposed to be swallowed by that fish because he wasn’t even supposed to be there!
- There is a saying that says it’s wise to learn from our own experiences but it’s even wiser to learn from the experience of others. Learn from Jonah friends lol.
If you learned something new in this episode OR if you read something that just HIT different this time around, then go ahead and share this with someone. I shared my journey with you, and hopefully it blessed you in some way.
Why not be a blessing to someone else? It’s FREE! There is a scripture in Proverbs that says, “the one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.”
If you want to connect with other members of the Collective, I want to invite you to come hang out with us in the private FB group.
Tune in for a more in-depth look at the episode.
Rate, Review, and Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love The Purpose Collective podcast.” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — move toward their life’s purpose. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. Follow now!
Subscribe on Google Podcasts.
Follow the show on Spotify.
Follow the show on Audible.
Follow the show on Amazon Music.
Want to Support the Show?
If you would like to support the show, I discovered a super cool way for you to get in on the action, and that is by “buying me a coffee.” I don’t actually drink coffee, but the idea behind the site is for supporters of Content Creators (that’s you) to be able to help the Creator (that’s me) with expenses required to produce the content they create (that’s the show).
Click the button below to donate.
Connect With Me
If you have any questions you can always email me at email@example.com or join my Purpose Diary newsletter below and my tips, experiences, and advice about navigating a life of purpose are all yours, every week!